Philadelphia Parks & Recreation can help you get a free yard tree through its TreePhilly program.
- Are planted on private property in front, side, or back yards.
- Are planted by residents and/or property owners.
- Can be requested through the TreePhilly Yard Tree Giveaway Program each fall and spring.
If you would like a tree on your sidewalk or along other public rights-of-way, you should get a street tree.
Philadelphia property owners can apply to get a free tree for their yard.
When and where
Tree requests are made in February or September.
There are two ways to get a yard tree:
1. Free yard trees are available through Philadelphia Parks & Rec’s TreePhilly program.
- Register for a yard tree. Registration information will be available in February.
- Trees are planted by the property owner/resident.
- Tree planting and care instructions are offered at tree pick-up sites.
- Trees are planted by resident or contractor or certified City arborist.
- If you have limited mobility and cannot pick up and plant your tree, we are offering a free delivery and planting service. There are a limited number of slots available for this service. Apply for free delivery and planting service.