The City’s six Sanitation Convenience Centers are now open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday except on City-observed holidays. The Streets Department has expanded the hours of operations at its six Sanitation Convenience Centers by four hours to increase accessibility and convenience for Philadelphia residents.
The Sanitation Convenience Centers are a convenient, free service for City residents and an extension of curbside service. The Centers provide you with another opportunity to dispose of materials not accepted in the weekly curbside collections, or if you exceed the weekly set out limits.
- As always, there is no charge to drop-off materials.
- No waste materials generated by businesses or non-Philadelphia residents will be accepted.
- Residents who want to use the Sanitation Convenience Centers must show proof of Philadelphia residency.
The following types of materials are accepted at the Sanitation Convenience Centers:
- Automotive tires, limited to four per day
- Bulk items, large metal household items/appliances or items containing refrigerants, limited to two a day
- Christmas trees
- Collectible rubbish, up to six receptacles (or 12 bags)
- E-waste, including computers, monitors, televisions, and other computer-related equipment
- Latex- or water-based paint cans that are partially full can be solidified by adding an absorbent material such as “kitty litter” or newspaper prior to disposal
- Mattresses and box springs, unwrapped
- Recyclable materials, as part of the City’s Recycling Program
- Yard waste, accepted for recycling on Saturdays, and must be free of contamination and contained in paper bags only
Sanitation Convenience Centers:
3901 Delaware Ave.
2601 W. Glenwood Ave.
5100 Grays Ave.
3033 S. 63rd St., near Passyunk Ave.
300 block Domino Lane, near Umbria St.
State Rd. & Ashburner St.