Tired of filing a Use & Occupancy Tax return and making 12 monthly payments?
Make it simple, switch to annual filing instead of monthly and save time and energy.
Last year, hundreds of taxpayers filed and paid for the entire year at once, cutting down on their paperwork. The annual filing window is now open, and it’s easy to take advantage of the program. The deadline to participate is July 25, 2017.
Step 1: Visit www.phila.gov/pay
- Click the “Use and Occupancy” button.
- Select the “Annual Filing” option
- The annual filing window is July 1, 2017 – July 25, 2017.
- Remember, Revenue only accepts U & O returns through electronic filing!
Step 2: Complete your U & O tax return for the whole year (July 2017 – June 2018)
- To be eligible, your commercial space must be 100% occupied.
- You cannot claim exclusions from Lines 2 or 3 on the U & O return.
- You can only claim exclusions for residential living space on Line 4.
- This filing covers July 2017- June 2018.
Step 3: Pay!
- Once you make your payment, you’re done for the year.
Remember! If you realize you need to change your return later, you can always amend it and automatically switch back to monthly filing.
Still have questions? Reach out to email@example.com or call (215) 686-6600.
Photo by J. Fusco for VISIT PHILADELPHIA