Regional Integration Center (RIC) Coordinator
OEM is seeking a Regional Integration Center (RIC) Coordinator to ensure the City of Philadelphia and regional partners maintain a high state of operational readiness through coordination, communication, and vigilance.
To ensure the overall readiness of the City and OEM, the Regional Integration Center Coordinator will be required to work during non-business hours on rotating shifts. This includes 8 or 12-hour shifts, on a rotational schedule that includes nights, weekends, and holidays. Successful candidates must be City residents within six months of hire. OEM staff also periodically work during non-scheduled hours for extended periods of time as needed in a field environment and during activations of Philadelphia’s Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
Under the direction of the Regional Integration Center Program Manager, the RIC Coordinator is responsible for a range of activities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Collect, assemble, and disseminate information on operations which require substantial material and personnel support.
- Confirm the scope and nature of incidents, and analyze information from multiple sources.
- Serve as the primary interface and point of contact for Emergency Management personnel to provide critical information, updates, and support during the monitoring, response, and recovery phases of the emergency response cycle.
- Routinely communicate via e-mail, phone, and public safety radio.
- Ensure that information about multi-agency responses or incidents is properly communicated and personnel are alerted in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that department personnel are informed of any critical situational updates during response efforts.
- Provide support to communication and coordination efforts in the field at large events or incidents.
- Produce deliverables to be used by response staff including but not limited to mapping products, situation reports, images, informational packages, response reports, liaison updates, and after-action reports.
- Manage and analyze data related to citywide response efforts.
- Maintain communication equipment to make sure it is in a constant state of readiness and perform regular operational tests.
- Perform other work as required.
Visit the City’s Smart Recruiter page for more information or to apply.