If you have permission to live in a property without a lease, you are considered an “occupant” of that property. To receive water service in your name, you’ll need to complete an application at a Water Revenue Bureau payment center.
You must bring the following documents with you:
- Two official pieces of personal identification. One of these must be a current, government-issued photo ID.
- A current reading of your meter. If there is no meter on the property, a meter must be installed before the application is approved. Call (215) 685-6300 to get a water meter installed.
- Evidence of occupancy or potential ownership. Evidence could include:
- A death certificate for the property owner
- Current utility bills for the property, in your name
- Lease purchase agreements
- Notarized letter of authorization to occupy property
- An executor’s certificate