Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe.
If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.
In effect: 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Dec. 12 to 10:00 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 18

Water, gas & utilities


If you have permission to live in a property without a lease, you are considered an “occupant” of that property. To receive water service in your name, you’ll need to complete an application at a Water Revenue Bureau payment center.

You must bring the following documents with you:

  • Two official pieces of personal identification. One of these must be a current, government-issued photo ID.
  • A current reading of your meter. If there is no meter on the property, a meter must be installed before the application is approved. Call (215) 685-6300 to get a water meter installed.
  • Evidence of occupancy or potential ownership. Evidence could include:
    • A death certificate for the property owner.
    • Current utility bills for the property, in your name.
    • Lease purchase agreements.
    • Notarized letter of authorization to occupy property.
    • An executor’s certificate.