Due to extremely cold conditions, the City is implementing special measures to keep people who are homeless safe.
If you see someone who needs shelter, call (215) 232-1984.
In effect: 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 20 to 11:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 22

Parking Amnesty Program

Register for parking ticket forgiveness for a limited time.

What we do

For a limited time, the City of Philadelphia is offering a program to forgive older unpaid parking tickets. This program will start on March 1, 2018, and end on April 30, 2018.

When you enroll in the program, you must first pay any tickets issued between January 1, 2013, through December 31, 2017. A payment plan is available to make it easier.

Once you pay these tickets, any parking tickets you received before 2013 will be forgiven.

The Parking Amnesty Program does not cover any traffic or moving violation tickets.


917 Filbert St.
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Register for Parking Amnesty


You are eligible for this program if you have unpaid parking tickets from before 2013.

If you can't pay the full amount at once, you can ask to set up a payment plan. To start a payment plan, you must pay at least 10% of the total due. You will have 24 months to complete the payment plan. Once the balance is paid, all parking tickets issued to you before 2013 will be forgiven.

As soon as you have enrolled in the Parking Amnesty Program, and as long as you stay up to date on your payments, your vehicle won't be booted and towed for any tickets you received in 2017 or before.

Missing payments

If you miss a payment on your payment plan, then you will no longer be eligible for amnesty. You will be responsible for paying the older tickets again.

Tickets prior to 2013 only

If you only have unpaid tickets from before 2013,  you can enroll in Parking Amnesty. You will need to pay $50 for administrative fees, and all tickets prior to 2013 will be forgiven.

Towing and storage fees

If you have outstanding towing and storage fees from before 2015, you can enroll in the Amnesty Program. You will need to pay 30% of the fees, and the remaining 70% will be forgiven. You cannot set up a payment plan for towing and storage fees.

The person who received the tickets is deceased

If the person who received the tickets is now deceased, you must bring an original death certificate and any unresolved tickets to the Parking Amnesty office. Any tickets their vehicle received before they died will be forgiven, unless there is a co-owner of the vehicle who survived. If you are the co-owner of the vehicle then you are responsible for settling the tickets.

Register for parking amnesty online

The Parking Amnesty Program runs from March 1, 2018, through April 30, 2018. Only tickets issued before 2013 and towing and storage fees from before 2015 can be forgiven.

In-person registration

If you'd like to enroll in person, beginning on March 12 you may go to 917 Filbert St., Philadelphia, Pa. The office is open Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m.–6 p.m., and Saturday from 9 a.m.–4 p.m.

You can pay using a credit card, debit card, cash, or money order.

Language access

If you need interpretation in sign language, or interpretation in another language, services will be available. Please ask staff how to access free language services offered by the City of Philadelphia.

Pregúntele al personal cómo puede recibir interpretación sin cargo que ofrece la Ciudad de Filadelfia
Vui lòng hỏi nhân viên cách tiếp cận các dịch vụ ngôn ngữ miễn phí được cung cấp bởi Thành Phố Philadelphia
Сообщите нашему сотруднику, что вам требуются бесплатные услуги перевода, предлагаемые городской администрацией Филадельфии
សូមសួរបុគ្គលិកយើងខ្ញុំពីរបៀបទទួលបានសេវាកម្មបកប្រែភាសាដែលផ្តល់ជូនដោយ City of Philadelphia (ក្រុងហ្វ៊ីឡាឌែល ហ្វ្យៀ) ដោយឥតគិតថ្លៃ