Registration for Camp Philly is now closed. Please check back to find out when 2018 registration is open.
To apply for a Camp Philly scholarship valued at $900, you must submit a completed application to your recreation leader, along with the $30 application fee by June 30. A link to the application is provided below. The application fee is the only cost to attend the camp. Your $30 will be refunded if a scholarship is not granted.
To be eligible for a scholarship, your child must:
- Be recommended by a recreation leader.
- Be an active program participant at a Philadelphia Parks & Recreation facility.
- Be able to swim. If your child cannot swim, they can take free swim lessons at a local YMCA.
- Have a physical prior to attending camp.
- Be between 9 and 11 years old.
- Be okay being away from home and away from electronics.
- Attend, along with parents, all information and program sessions provided by Parks & Rec and YMCA.
Camp Philly 2018 has two sessions:
- Session 1: Sunday, Aug. 12 – Friday, Aug. 17
- Session 2: Sunday, Aug. 19 – Friday, Aug. 24
Please refer all questions to your recreation center leader.