It’s no secret that attending college can get costly. The City of Philadelphia wants to help more students afford college and graduate with as little debt as possible. That’s the idea behind the Philadelphia City Scholarship. 50 Philadelphia students will be awarded $1,000 per year for four years of college. The application is available in Spanish and English.
The deadline for application submissions is February 24, 2017.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a high school senior
- Live in Philadelphia
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.0
- Have taken the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT)
- Have filed the 2017-2018 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Aid)
- Plan to apply to at least one accredited 4-year college in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware or Montgomery Counties in PA
- Have the intention of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree as a full-time student
To apply, you must submit:
- A completed application
- Essay and short answer questions
- Photocopy of Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) or American College Test (ACT) results
- Official copy of your high school transcript
- The first page of your Student Aid Report (this is provided to you once you complete the FAFSA)
Mail your application to:
Mayor’s Office of Education
C/O City Scholarship
One Parkway Building
1515 Arch Street, 3rd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Once again, the deadline for application submissions is Friday, February 24, 2017, so don’t delay! Learn more and download the application packet in now!