For Philadelphians looking to give to Hurricane Harvey victims, please consider supporting the volunteers serving those in need through National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD).
To learn more about making emergency donations to trusted organizations, please read this guidance.
Cash donations are the best way to quickly and effectively help survivors. You can find more guidance on making emergency donations from Philadelphia’s Office of Emergency Management (OEM).
- Cash donations give charitable organizations the most flexibility
- Make sure you are giving to a reputable organization
- Do not make donations over the phone
- Go through the organization’s official site or mail a check
Organizations you can support:
- Houston Mayor’s Relief Fund
- Texas Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster
- Always call to check organizations’ needs before collecting items.
- Arrange transportation/shipping for delivery to limit strain on organizations.
- NVOAD has created a form for individual donations.
- NVOAD has created a form for connecting with volunteers once the situation is safe.
- FEMA is currently hiring for temporary positions.