The Department of Revenue is looking for a competent and capable person to formalize content strategy within the Department, build capacity, and identify opportunities for content improvement online and offline.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Detail-oriented: Sees, accounts for, and manages the smallest, most complex details so that content is clear, accurate, and consistent with standards. (Please note that inaccurate information on phila.gov can negatively impact the lives of Philadelphia residents. This competency is absolutely essential.)
- Organized: Manages large projects, estimates timelines, syncs multiple work streams, reworks a project approach based on unforeseen challenges, works well under pressure, and sets reasonable deadlines for self and content team.
- An excellent communicator: Able to clearly address a complex subject and break it down into crisp, simple language. Bi- or multi-lingual preferred.
- A relationship-builder: Works comfortably with a variety of people and personalities and cultivates strong relationships to ensure collaboration and continued project support.
- Curious: Asks questions to better understand a problem, receives and gives constructive feedback, and learns new skills.
- Compassionate: Uses empathy for others’ experiences to create actionable solutions that address people’s real needs with integrity.
- Action-oriented: Sees opportunities, navigates barriers, and creates solutions that enhance deliverables, processes, and practices.
- Resilient: Has a sense of humor, learns from mistakes, and returns to work after experiencing a setback.
- Scrappy: Has the ingenuity to solve problems and deliver quality results even when working within constraints.
At least two years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, professional experience in content strategy, web writing or a related field, including:
- Creating accessible, engaging, and usable web content.
- Working with information architecture.
- Using research insights to focus and refine content efforts.
- Working with content management systems.
- The Department of Revenue is interested in hiring the best possible candidate for the role. A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is preferred; however, we recognize that experience, education, and qualifications can be attained in a variety of ways and many skill sets are transferable. If you feel you’re a good fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.
Salary – Commensurate with education and experience
Photo: Association for Public Art