What we do
The Office of Community Empowerment and Opportunity (CEO) is guided by Shared Prosperity Philadelphia, a plan to help Philadelphia’s low-income residents gain access to basic resources and opportunities to improve their economic security.
- Offer education about unfair loans, budgeting, and how to reduce debt.
- Protect more people from homelessness.
- Work to bring jobs to the City.
- Offer training and employment services.
- Connect residents to health insurance, food assistance, and tax credits.
- Prepare children for success in school through early-learning programs.
We support other City agencies working on these goals. We also serve as the Community Action Agency (CAA) for the City of Philadelphia. As a CAA, CEO awards Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) funds to more than 20 programs that serve an estimated 40,000 residents each year.