What we do
The Office of Public Engagement enhances the City’s community outreach and engagement efforts. We work with residents to make City government accessible to all Philadelphians. We also help make sure everyone’s voice is heard when the City is drafting and implementing policies.
Our office oversees several of the Mayor’s offices and commissions, including:
- The Youth Commission
- The Office of Black Male Engagement that includes:
- President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper initiative
- The Mayor’s Commission on African American Males
- The Commission for Women
- The Mayor’s Commission on Asian American Affairs
- The Millennial Advisory Committee
- Mayor’s Commission on Interfaith Civic Affairs
The Philadelphia Youth Commission gives a voice to young leaders who advise the City on policies, programs, and actions that affect youth.
The Office of Black Male Engagement works to connect African American men, women, boys, and their families to opportunities in Philadelphia that can lead them to success.