In the past year, 64% of tax payments were paid to the City of Philadelphia electronically – through ACH, credit & debit cards, and eCheck. Nearly 200,000 payments were made by eCheck for over $177 million.
Starting August 1, 2017, there are even more taxes that can be paid electronically through the Department of Revenue website. Taxpayers can now pay the following taxes via eCheck (FREE!) or with credit/debit cards (service fee applies):
- Amusement Tax
- Earnings Tax
- Hotel Tax
- Liquor Tax
- Outdoor Advertising
- Parking Tax
- Valet Parking Tax
- Vehicle Rental
With these new tax types, nearly every City of Philadelphia tax can now be paid online without a fee.
Why Is Electronic Payment the best choice?
- Immediate Confirmation – You’ll get notification right away that the payment was made and what account it was applied to.
- Fewer Mistakes – Lost mail, hard to decipher handwriting, and other drawbacks of paper checks can delay or prevent your payment from getting applied correctly; resulting in late fees and headaches.
- Less Hassle – No need to come to our office or make a trip to the mailbox,
- Lower Cost – With eCheck, there is no cost to the taxpayer, and lower processing costs for the City which means more of your payment can go directly to City services or the School District.
How to Pay by Online
- File your return (paper, through your tax professional, or online for most taxes)
- Visit https://ework.phila.gov/revenue/
- Click “Make A Payment”
- Enter your account number and PIN
What you’ll need to pay online:
- Your Federal Entity Identification Number (EIN);
- Or your Social Security Number (SSN);
- Or your Philadelphia Tax Account Number
- Your Philadelphia Department of Revenue PIN (Personal Identification Number) – you can get one through the same page if you don’t already have one.
Have questions? Email email@example.com or call 215.686.6600.
Credit: Photo by L. Berckey for VISIT PHILADELPHIA